The 1,100 member Association of Government Relations Professionals (AGRP), seeks an energetic, highly organized individual with good association management and communications skills and a solid understanding of public policy, to lead AGRP.
The Executive Director assists the Board of Directors in formulating the organization’s mission, goals, objectives and related policies and is responsible for their implementation. The incumbent will exercise general and active management of AGRP’s business in accordance with the policies, directions and instructions set forth by the Board of Directors, executive committee or the duly authorized representative of either. These responsibilities include membership development, program development including the Lobbying Certificate Program, and marketing AGRP’s programs, activities and services.
The successful candidate will have:
- Five to seven years’ experience in association management, public policy or related activities.
- Demonstrated management skills necessary to direct AGRP to meet goals that contribute to the overall success of AGRP.
- Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to represent AGRP and make effective formal presentations before the Board, other associations and affiliated groups.
- Analytical ability to develop and execute strategic plans including goals, objectives and various strategies.
- Knowledge normally acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in political science, business, public administration or another related field.
- Effective oral and written skills.
The salary range for this position is $70,000 – $90,000 plus benefits.
Established in 1979 as a nonprofit organization, the Association of Government Relations Professionals (formerly the American League of Lobbyists) is the national professional association dedicated exclusively to government relations profession. AGRP’s mission is to enhance the development of professionalism, competence and high ethical standards for public policy advocates through education, information exchange, and the ongoing advocacy of the Constitution’s First Amendment right to petition government.
Please submit cover letter and resume with salary history via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted through July 31, 2014.